I finally tried pasta made from chickpeas, this one specifically had also turmeric in it, and I can say it is actually good. Of course, its flavor is different from white-flour pasta, it tastes like chickpeas; but if you can trim carbohydrates and still feel satisfied why not? Give it a try!
The best sauce for this type of pasta is made with vegetables. I tried it with a Creamy Zucchini Sauce and the Kale Pesto, and both were delicious.
If you are looking for low glycemic food options or if you just don’t mind a healthy lifestyle, this pasta made with chickpeas is your go-to choice.
Ingredients for the Creamy Zucchini Sauce (2 people)
– 3 big zucchini
– 1 garlic
– 50g Grated Parmesan
– Black Pepper & Salt
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Optional: cooking cream
– 160gr Chickpeas Pasta
- Wash the zucchini, trim off the ends and cut them into cubes
- Peel and cut the garlic in two pieces and brown them in a pan with a drizzle of oil
- Once the garlic is golden brown, add the zucchini, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook them for 10-15 minutes
- Blend together zucchini, a little of EVO oil and grated parmesan. Add the cooking cream just if desired, this will make the sauce more yummy.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente
- Drain cooked pasta well in a colander, reserving 1 cup of the pasta’s cooking water just in case you’ll need to thin the zucchini sauce if it is too thick. Add the pasta to the zucchini sauce in the bowl. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
For the Kale Pesto recipe, click here.