The Tiramisu is one of my favorite Italian desserts!
Although it is a very easy recipe, it is important to take care to some details when you are preparing it. There are as many different Tiramisu recipes as there are Italian families, each with their own little secret. Here I share with you the secrets of my family to prepare a perfect Tiramisu ;)
Ingredients for 14 people
– 8 fresh egg, separated
– 8 big spoons white sugar
– 750g mascarpone cheese (Galbani)
– 3 big cups strong coffee (espresso), room temperature
– 500g ladyfinger cookies (Vincenzovo)
– 70g good-quality solid dark chocolate
– a sprinkling of cocoa powder
[It is very important that both eggs and mascarpone are very fresh!]
1) Prepare the coffee using a Moka machine big enough to serve about 3 big cups. Pour it in a shallow dish and allow to cool off. Set aside.
2) Separate your eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
3) Beat egg whites with electric beaters (whisks clean and dry) until they reach a somewhat firm consistency.
4) Beat egg yolks and sugar with electric beaters until pale and thick. Add the mascarpone, mixing until just combined.
5) Using a whisk (not electric!) or a large metal spoon, gently add eggwhites into the mascarpone mixture and mix from the bottom upwards.
This is our secret to have a frothy and soft creamy ;)
6) Using a sharp knife carefully shave your chocolate into large pieces. Set aside.
This is our second yummy secret
7) Take a square glass dish and pour a bit of the mascarpone mixture. Dip one by one the savoiardi cookies (Vicenzovo) in the coffee and lay them flat over the mix. Cover with a bit of the mascarpone mixture and the chocolate pieces. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.
Tip: If you have just a few guests, you can also prepare the tiramisu into wine glasses.
Follow me on instagram to be always updated on my trips and food experiences.