These potato fritters have a soft heart and a crispy crust and are also good cold! My mother often prepare these fritters during the summer, before going to the beach.
They are the perfect accompaniment for aperitif or side dish to a larger meal.
Ingredients for 2 people
– 5 medium potatoes
– 1 egg
– 50g fresh cheese
– half a cup of grated Parmesan
– 50g of salami
– a sprig of parsley
– a sprinkling of black pepper
– a pinch of salt
– a plentiful handful of flour
Sunflower oil for frying.
1) Boil potatoes in their jackets with salt in the water. One cooked, peel them and pass the soft flesh through a potato masher when they are still hot.
2) Cut the salami and cheese into cubes. Wash and chop the parsley.
3) Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well only when the potatoes are lukewarm (if potatoes are hot they absorb more flour): lukewarm mashed potatoes, parsley, cheese and salami cubes, grated parmesan cheese, 1 egg, a plentiful handful of flour, salt and pepper according to your taste.
4) Heat the sunflower oil in a deep heavy pot. Then, add spoons full of dough into the pot with the aid of another spoon, until the pot is full of fritters. Making sure they do not stick together and turn them once or twice during cooking.
5) Remove the fritters from the oil when have a golden brown color and drain on a paper towel. 6) Transfer the fritters to a plate and sprinkle them with grated parmesan cheese.
Tip: Check the first fritter you are making and add some flour if it’s a bit broken.