This is a delicious creamy soup with a sweet and delicate flavor. It is perfect if you want a good, quick and healthy meal! :)
– 400g yellow pumpkin
– 1 small white Cauliflower
– 3 large carrots
– 3 large potatoes
– half a red onion
– a sprinkling of black pepper
– Broth or 1 vegetable cube
Olive oil, 4 slices bread (fresh or day old)
1) Wash, peel and cut carrots, pumpkin and potatoes.
2) Wash and chop cauliflower.
3) Wash and finely chop onion and parsley.
4) In a large pot, gently fry the onion in olive oil, add all the cut vegetables: pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower. Sauté for a few seconds, then add the broth or a few cups of water with the vegetable cube. Add salt and black pepper according to your taste.
5) Lower the heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender (15/20 minutes). If necessary, add more broth while cooking or, if you are not using homemade broth, water.
6) Remove the pot from heat and blend the soup. Then put again the pot on the heat and let the soup cook for other 5 minutes, until it has become dense.
7) Make homemade croutons:
– using a knife cut bread slices up into small cubes.
– place on a fry pan: olive oil or melted butter, add your cut bread and let them cook until browned.
8) Season the soup with olive oil and croutons before serving it.