This is an easy vegetarian recipe that even meat-lovers will go crazy for!
Ingredients for 2 people
For the balls (10 ricotta balls)
– 250g Fresh Ricotta Cheese
– 80g Parmigiano Cheese Grated
– 1 Egg
– 50g Sliced Bread
– A bunch of fresh parsley
– 1 small cup of breadcrumbs
– A sprinkling of black pepper
For the Sauce
– 500g Tomato Sauce
– 1 Garlic
– Olive Oil
- Make the tomato sauce first.
Sauté in a large pot 1 garlic cut in two pieces with olive oil until golden brown. Add the tomato sauce and cook it for at least 30 minutes by adding some water, black pepper, salt and chopped parsley
- In the meantime, soak bread (without crust) in milk until soft. Wash and chop more parsley
- Place all ingredients for the balls into a large mixing bowl and knead the ricotta cheese with hands until it is fully combined, soft and homogeneous (add a little bit breadcrumbs if needed)
- Then form the ricotta mixture into small balls
- Put the balls one by one in the sauce. Cook for approx. 15 min and serve warm.
Tip: Use a large pot as the balls will absorb the tomato sauce and will increase their volume.