Why eat a simple salad when you can have a special one?
Often, when I want to impress my guests but I do not have much time to cook, I prepare this Unusual Salad. It is easy, healthy and how we say in Italy “da leccarsi i baffi” (it means ‘to lick your mustaches’).
You can eat it as an appetizer or side dish.
Ingredients for 2 people (everything has to be fresh and not frozen)
– 500g Fresh spinach
– 250g Champignon Mushrooms
– Parmesan cheese flakes (in Italy we say “a volontà!” It means “plentiful”)
Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt to season.
1) Wash the spinach and the mushrooms
2) Allow the spinach in whole leaf, without cutting them with the knife.
3) Cut the mushrooms into thin slices, and the Parmesan in flakes.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss it with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
Tip: If the leaves of spinach are too big break it in two using your hands.
Abroad, it is easy to find the balsamic vinegar of Modena Ponti, also in Italy we often use that.