This recipe is actually very quick and simple but, at the same time, it is very yummy. It is perfect if you want eat something crunchy and, in addition, it is a clever way to get the kids to eat vegetables.
When my mom cooks Frittelle, or ‘Fritters’, for us it is always a party!
You can eat Frittelle as an appetizer or side dish.
Ingredients for 4 people
– 150g Flour 00
– Zucchini 3 or 4 (depending on the size)
– cold sparkling water
– Parmigiano chees grated (in Italy we say “a volontà!” It means “plentiful”)
– a bunch of Parsley
– a sprinkling of black pepper
– a pinch of salt
Sunflower oil for frying.
1) Wash and cut the zucchini into little cubes. Wash and chop the parsley.
2) Grate the Parmesan cheese.
3) Combine in a bowl: flour, water sparkling cold, zucchini and parsley cutted, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt. Mix everything well with a whisk. (The batter should not be too liquid, in case add a little flour).
4) Heat the oil in a frying pan.
5) When the oil is hot, take a little of batter with a steel spoon and let drop it down into the pan with the aid of another spoon. Repeat this operation until the pan will not be full of small frittelle and let them fry for few minutes. Flip with a fork one or two times.
6) Carefully, remove the Frittelle as soon as them are golden and put them on a sheet of paper before serving to your guests.
Tip: Serve Frittelle warm so them are still crunchy!