Whatever you are planning from an aperitif to a pic-nic, here is a perfect quick and easy recipe from Turkey called Mücver! These Zucchini Savory Muffins with Mint and Yoghurt can also be served as a warm appetizer.
Your guests will love them :)
Ingredients for 4 people
1kg grated zucchini
1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
350gr crumbled white cheese or feta
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
1 cup white flour
Butter for the muffins baking tray.
To serve with Turkish yoghurt.
- Put grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let them drain for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the zucchini and place them in a bowl.
- Mix well all the ingredients listed above except for the flour.
- Add flour in slowly and mix well.
- Grease the baking tray for muffins with butter.
- Drop a small scoop of mücver mixture in each space of the baking tray.
- Bake them at 150 C for around 10 minutes (it depends on your oven).
- Serve the zucchini muffins whilst still piping hot with plain fresh yogurt or garlic yoghurt sauce*.
Note: To make the garlic yoghurt sauce just mix 1 clove of minced garlic to each cup of yogurt.